The Aruba Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

On March 15, the Government of Aruba has made the difficult, but necessary decision to mandate a suspension of all inbound travel to Aruba by non-residents of Aruba. This will be in effect beginning midnight Monday, March 16 and ending March 31, 2020. These restrictions are subject to change as we may consider additional precautionary measures as needed. Specifically: Anyone who is not a resident of Aruba, will not be permitted to enter Aruba. Visitors currently in Aruba will be able to leave Aruba. Aruba residents currently traveling abroad will be permitted to return home to Aruba. A negative travel advisory will be in place for Aruba residents advising against outbound travel during this period.

UPDATE EFFECTIVE MARCH 20,2020

The Government of Aruba has introduced a curfew as of Saturday (March 21st) between 9pm and 6am. Only exceptions are pharmacies and vital jobs. As of Saturday, no one can enter Aruba including residents.

All restaurants and supermarkets are open until 8:00pm. Some restaurants have delivery and take-out services. Supermarkets allowing people to enter only by batch.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:19 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

I am getting there. I now limit myself to 10-15 minutes all day of virus talk.

As stupid and ignorant as many of you think I am and may be I GET IT!

It's bad, it's a killer. It's going to get worse, there are no medical supplies, no one in authority is doing anything. It's the zombie Apocalypse just with out the zombies.

But you know what? I refuse to live in fear. Am I in the prime age group to get it? YES!

Am I in the Arubajoey bunker under the bridge with the rest of the trolls? NO!

Am I being extra careful? YES!

So how about it. Will you try and not listen to all the doom and gloom talking heads. As an born and raised New Yorker right after 9/11 all the world said New York will never come back from it. Now it is the center of the world of Covid-19. Well folks it came back stronger and better and it will again.

Remember the movie Network from the 70's with Peter Finch?

"I don't have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad". "So I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up off your chairs". "I want you to get up right now and go to the window open it and stick your head out and yell".

"I'M AS MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:48 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

"How about them Sox?"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:23 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

What can one do? Folks will post, it's only natural. Like,Bogart said in "Maltese Falcon" "You'll take it and like it"

Maybe the answer is just don't read it. :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:14 am 
Junior

Hey there is a light at the end of the tunnel and it is not a train. All the doom and gloom models are as if we did nothing. We are kicking ass and taking names marshaling every resource to beat this. It sucks that for the first time in 23 years we do not get to go to Aruba. There will be next year so we will be there again.
You cannot keep the USA and it’s people down.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:35 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Arubajoey, totally agree it will drive you nuts to watch all the coverage that is out there.
Just have to be sensible, following the current guidelines & focus on other things. We watch light hearted shows in the evening so we aren’t going to bed after hours of doom & gloom.

Will it be a while before we get back to “normal” yes but we will.

[/url