It is currently Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:05 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Looking to fly out of Orlando to Aruba and return from Aruba to a NYC area airport.

Has anyone does something like this? If so:

Are there any benefits from booking with the same airline?

Would it be cheaper in general to book two separate one-way tickets with possibly two different airlines?

Does anyone have an experience with this?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:54 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

I think you are just going to have to do some test fares with your dates on all of the different scenarios you mentioned and see what you come up with. Hard to say which will be less expensive especially with the way airfares change on a somewhat daily basis.

The only time I did something somewhat similar was a flight from Minneapolis to Munich - my return back to MSP was from a different airport/country (Prague to Minneapolis). I used the same airline (Delta) and the cost was about the same as if I did a RT MSP to Munich.

South Beach: Jan. 2020
New Orleans: Feb. 2020
Playa del Carmen: March 2020
40th trip to Aruba: April & May 2020
Switzerland: July 2020

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:14 am 
Junior

I don’t think you can get a direct flight from Orlando to Aruba. I have been looking because I will be in Orlando in June and want to to Aruba from there. I think you have to make it to ft. Laud. Or Miami

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:51 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Correct...we fly out of Orlando and our choices are AA through Miami or SW through Ft Lauderdale in order to get to Aruba.

SW (and formerly AirTran) used to have non-stops to Aruba out of Orlando and do we ever miss that convenience.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:07 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Several years ago we went to Bermuda from Boston. I used 2 different airlines because of the times I wanted. One airline left Boston earlier than the other, and the other airline had a later return flight. I booked them each for one way. Even though we used the same airport going and coming, using different airlines wasn't a problem except when arriving at the airport to leave I had to prove to them that I had a return ticket; same when we landed in Bermuda.
As Amy stated, you need to check the airlines you are considering daily (even hourly, sometimes) to get the best fare for the time you want to fly.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:16 am 
Freshman

Just purchased one way to Aruba and from Aruba. Just completed purchase for my November trip. First leg is Newark to Aruba non stop via United $154.00, 11/9/20, economy fare. Return is on Delta, 11/23 to JFK economy
, non stop $203.00. Traveling solo so do not care about seat assignment. I normally fall asleep during flight.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:27 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

dgrossman158 wrote:
Just purchased one way to Aruba and from Aruba. Just completed purchase for my November trip. First leg is Newark to Aruba non stop via United $154.00, 11/9/20, economy fare. Return is on Delta, 11/23 to JFK economy
, non stop $203.00. Traveling solo so do not care about seat assignment. I normally fall asleep during flight.

Sounds like a good price total....just don't recline your seat to sleep....lol