It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:22 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

I've been using Photobucket for the last few years to upload photos to use in my restaurant reviews and trip report. This year, when I previewed the photos I posted here - they had the Photobucket logo in the middle of the photo, but the photos were still clear. When DW was reading the reviews she noticed that the pics were unclear. It would have been nice if Photobucket had warned about doing this to the photos. Was wondering if there was another site that hosts photos.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:47 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Looked up alternatives & found a few:

Imgur, Flickr, Postimage, Imgbox, Free Image Hosting, UltraIMG.

When I get some spare time, I'll try one of those and replace the Photobucket photos in my reviews.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:37 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Photobucket started charging over a year ago. I've been paying $20 a year for the site as I have lot's of photo's on their site. Don't want to spend the time to download my pic's to my 'puter and upload them to another site.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:45 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

I use postimage.org. Easy peasy. Just copy the BB extension between the Img things you see above your post when you are typing. I know Orrin gave a good explanation how to use it in the swamp.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:51 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Liz from N.J. wrote:
Photobucket started charging over a year ago. I've been paying $20 a year for the site as I have lot's of photo's on their site. Don't want to spend the time to download my pic's to my 'puter and upload them to another site.

What bugs me is that Photobucket didn't give any warning first about putting their logo across the pics and second putting the pics out of focus. If I had known that, I wouldn't have wasted my time uploading to their site. I was only using their site once a year for my Aruba photos. Before I uploaded the 2019 photos, I deleted the 2018 photos so as not to use up too much space. I don't do any social media stuff like Facebook or Twitter, so don't have a need to store my photos on a site - have backups on DVD's and USB drives.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:01 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Enjoyed your trip report, but photobucket made the pix a waste of time to post.
If you find an alternative, maybe you could repost/edit the report with the good photos.
But thanks anyway!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:21 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

dutchdushi wrote:
I use postimage.org. Easy peasy. Just copy the BB extension between the Img things you see above your post when you are typing. I know Orrin gave a good explanation how to use it in the swamp.

Yup best to use and so easy :D I can take a pic and have it posted in 15-20 seconds

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:49 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Thanks - I'll give Postimage a try when I have some spare time & will re-post the photos.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:39 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

Don't forget Google Drive - you get a certain amount of free space for images that are kept at "actual size", and I believe unlimited space for those that are resized internally by Google to an "optimized" size. You can also easily choose to share them once they've been uploaded.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:47 pm 
Senior

Just testing how postimage works.