All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Who Remembers
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:37 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

About to get nostalgic here and please forgive me BUT I came across my first ever Aruba Bulletin Board Party handout. December 6, 2001, it was held at Champions at the Marriott Ocean Club. Gary a/k/a OldMaster put it all together with the help of Mark Purcell who was at the Marriott at the time. And Captain Anthony of Tranquilo provided us the wonderful sounds of Tippaman!! There were raffles and prizes include ABC Tour; 15% discount at Champions; fishing trip for 2; dinner for 2 at several restaurants, Que Pasa? Salt & Pepper and Tabasko (I miss this place); full day jeep tour with North Star Jeep Tours and a 6-hour sailing/snorkeling tour for 2 with Tranquilo!!
Oh the good ol days :)

Post subject: Re: Who Remembers
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:03 pm 
Site Admin

BeachBunny wrote:
About to get nostalgic here and please forgive me BUT I came across my first ever Aruba Bulletin Board Party handout. December 6, 2001, it was held at Champions at the Marriott Ocean Club. Gary a/k/a OldMaster put it all together with the help of Mark Purcell who was at the Marriott at the time. And Captain Anthony of Tranquilo provided us the wonderful sounds of Tippaman!! There were raffles and prizes include ABC Tour; 15% discount at Champions; fishing trip for 2; dinner for 2 at several restaurants, Que Pasa? Salt & Pepper and Tabasko (I miss this place); full day jeep tour with North Star Jeep Tours and a 6-hour sailing/snorkeling tour for 2 with Tranquilo!!

Sorry, but that was not the first. The first was at Bucuti Beach Resort on the outside deck of the old Pirates Nest Restaurant hosted by Bucuti. I believe it was 1999. It was also the first webcam broadcast from Aruba where we used an old camcorder set up on a table for the webcam.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:55 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

We went to the Pirate's Nest BB get together....I forget the year....is it possible it was that one 20 years ago...wow

Anybody have a photo from that one?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:53 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

abbadmin wrote:
BeachBunny wrote:

Sorry, but that was not the first. The first was at Bucuti Beach Resort on the outside deck of the old Pirates Nest Restaurant hosted by Bucuti. I believe it was 1999. It was also the first webcam broadcast from Aruba where we used an old camcorder set up on a table for the webcam.

I believe I said "MY first ever" and I didn't say it was the first ever!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:25 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

My first one ever was one we put together at the Kokoa Bar (which is now the Bugaloe) in Sept. 1999. After that we moved them to Amsterdam Manor in 2000 and included sunset sails on Red Sail after the party along with raffles, too. In 2005, we made them a weekly (every Monday) bulletin board party there. Where does the time go? :shock: :lol:

37th trip to Aruba: New Year's Eve 2018/2019
Napa: March 2019
38th trip to Aruba: April/May 2019
Boston: July 2019
Paris: Sept/Oct 2019
39th trip to Aruba: Nov. 2019

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:36 pm 
Site Admin

BeachBunny wrote:
abbadmin wrote:
BeachBunny wrote:

I believe I said "MY first ever" and I didn't say it was the first ever!

Sorry, didn't catch the word "MY".