The Aruba Forums
It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 2:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:17 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Is Aruba the right vacationing choice
THE CHOICE – SHOULD WE OR SHOULDN’T WE
Making a vacation destination choice can be influenced by things we are only marginally aware of at best, such as:
TRANSPORTATION
[*]The world economy being what it is and airlines not seeming to be of this world.
[*]All the major transporters pointing the finger East and complain about insane fuel prices.
[*]Sheiks claiming that the black juices from rotting trees from long ago is running out.
[*]By the way, that stuff has been running out since I was 12 and prices for car gas jumped up while the lines to buy the gas became a driving safety problem for the cars driving by that had recently tanked.
[*]Needless to say, the blur of offerings for booking to Aruba with JINGO, PLINKO or WHOEVER-INGO will muddy a glass of melting ice-cubes when it comes to making a clear decision, however if you have the time and mathematical prowess to work it out, it all works out real close. The playing field is fairly leveled since everyone went to paper and plastic plates for the mini-snacks.
The other is “ON THE BEACH- almost”. Check in lady responds as if she has had to do this millions of times, Well, we are a small island and everywhere is basically on the beach – pause – smile – change the topic.
Then there is the Hybrid known as the timeshare-all-inclusive. In this case, you go to the timeshare that you bought and pay a daily amount (on top of the maintenance) to use the pool and eat for free (Hello!@#@!*)
Here and there you will find regular hotel that has regular discounts, and in high season charges regular high rack rates.
Yet all of this pales in the shadows of Las Vegas or Atlantic City. Hell I booked a Sinatra week-end in Vegas and when I got there found out that it was the worlds finals for Sinatra impersonators. It is rumored that Frank was in the audience but I doubt it.

Yet …………………….
All who come here are happy and 48% of them return. And that folks says something about us and our people. Simply put, Aruba is a butt kicking place to vacation.
(Even if the blonde female TV person disagrees)

be well
charles

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:57 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

In a word, YES!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:42 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

It is and will continue to be our right vacationing choice!!

arubamikey when I see how long until you return I know we are soon to follow!! :D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:07 pm 
Prolific

No comparison.....only place we want to be!!!!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]