The Aruba Forums
It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 12:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:06 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

I come to you arriving in a setting of madness, seeking my way – less blindly this time than last – to your welcoming face and the bed you offer. At the end of first-night, the sun taps its’ golden fingers on my window and I wonder if it is not wrong that it is so. Should there not have just been screens and not this conditioned air encasement?

It matters less each time and in my haste to be enveloped in your charms I run to the door and almost fumble as I make my way outside where you make my skin warm. Slowly at first, I am accosted by the floating aroma of coconut oil as it bathes my senses. My hands, fisted for unknown reasons, open and are soft.

I would never do this from where I am – yet here in this refuge – this place that allows me to be who and what it is that resides so deeply in me , I do the unthinkable by wearing a flowered shirt and dark sunglasses as I eat my days first meal.

True – I have been to other lands and when there they loved me well and allowed me to sleep on their shores. The simpler truth is that here I am not treated well – no – here it is beyond that - here I am coddled and blissfully awakened. Here – I am held warmly by a land and a people and an environment – both physical and in my heart.

This place can be seen all at once as I descend to walk on her soils yet once there I spend endless years finding out more about a small stone I call ‘home away from home’ – and battle my confusion on which home it is I am away from. It is true that once I said, “If only my friends could see me now.” Now I know that for a better part of my life, my friends await me.

At the end of the last-night, the sun taps its’ golden fingers on my window and I wonder if it is not wrong that it is so. Should there not have just been screens and not this conditioned air encasement? As wheels tuck in and steel wings work I look down and whisper to your soil.

“Aruba – you are now and always will be my purest love and I hope that this visit was as good for you as it was for me.”

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:01 pm 
Senior

Love it!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:51 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Beautifully said!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:55 pm 
Prolific

((((((((clap)))))))(((((((((clap))))))) :D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:56 pm 
Prolific

You peeked into our hearts and captured what is in our souls. We are forever beholding to Aruba and her people for allowing us to call her home, even if only for a few weeks each year.
Thank you.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:44 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

Thank you for this,my thoughts exactly

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]