The Aruba Forums
It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: White cotton curtains
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:53 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

I slip the through threads of white cotton curtains that sway, almost sensuously, to a rhythm of island breezes. At my door I stop and look out - coffee in hand leaning against one side of the frame. A bird flies overhead and calls my name - looking up I say "Not yet". The sand comes in over my feet and splays on the floor. Far away, a steel drum tempts me and I jangle my but a little - then throw the coffee cup to the side and run to Caribbean ocean waters - all the while, shedding pieces of clothing as I do and when bare, fall into a clean blue salted ocean. Not a soul to criticize or make comment I float and look at the meager hut I call home. Reaching down and taking handfuls of powdery ocean bed sand I rub it against my teeth - then rinse my mouth with an handful of water that comes from a planet full of it. My body slinks down into the water and my hair is now washed. Not a soul - just me - the water - the sun - wind - floating sand - far off sounds of steel drums and my island.

In the brilliance of the sun as it refracts against purest white sand I can see my son. He must have heard me and now walks to the shore all dressed for school. I see his mouth but cannot discern the words. Slowly I hear him. Papi - wake up! Wake up! Take me to school. My eyes open to another place - another reality.

be well
charles

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:30 am 
Prolific

Very nice, I'm waiting for the book. Thanks, Diane Casey(sweetieboston)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:58 pm 
Junior

Loved it! Right there with you till we were interrupted!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]